Plunkett Cooney attorneys among legal industry ‘Rising Stars’
In its annual review of the state’s top young attorneys, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has awarded 17 lawyers from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest and largest law firms, its “Rising Star” honor.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars compiles its annual list based upon a patented selection process that involves the creation of a candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by an in-house research department; and a peer evaluation process.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2017 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Abe Barlaskar – Personal Injury: Defense
- Alexander R. Baum – Personal Injury: Defense
- Karen E. Beach – Appellate
- Josephine A. DeLorenzo – Appellate
- Jeffrey S. Hengeveld – Professional Liability: Defense
- Marc P. Jerabek – Bankruptcy: Business
- Chase M. Kubica – Personal Injury: Defense
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Megan P. McKnight – Business Litigation
- Lauren B. McMillen – Insurance Coverage
- Courtney L. Nichols – Employment & Labor
- Olivia M. Paglia – Insurance Coverage
- Patrick E. Winters – Insurance Coverage
Detroit office member:
- Joseph A. Campbell – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Paul J. Dwaihy – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Kimberly K. Seibert – Civil Litigation: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney is a leading provider of transactional and litigation services to clients in the private and public sectors. The firm employs approximately 145 attorneys in eight Michigan cities, Chicago, Illinois, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. Plunkett Cooney has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2017 Michigan “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Practice Director of Marketing & Business Development John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.
– End –