Glenn C. Ross is the Co-leader of Plunkett Cooney's Business Transactions & Planning Practice Group. He represents clients in numerous aspects of general corporate law, business and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, as well as in transactions related to complex financing.
Mr. Ross provides counsel and advice regarding a variety of financing sources for real estate projects and business transactions, including the use of tax credits, conventional construction and permanent financing loans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans, 221(d)(4) and 221(f) FHA loans, HOME funds, private activity bonds and other federal, state and local financing sources. Mr. Ross frequently works with other financing programs from agencies such as the U.S. Small Business Administration, HUD and USDA Rural Development. He also ensures clients are compliant with regulatory requirements and tax laws related to complex real estate transactions involving tax credits, state and federal programs and bonds.
In addition, Mr. Ross drafts and negotiates commercial, partnership, operating, shareholder, asset and stock purchase agreements; financing documents in real estate development and other commercial transactions; terms and conditions; commercial leases and general business contracts in a variety of industries.
Representative Client Work
- Advise clients regarding commercial transactions and strategic planning
- Manage corporate, regulatory and trademark filings
- Conducts due diligence process for corporate transactions for clients in the manufacturing, health care and technology industries
- Advise emerging technology companies in start-up and capital acquisition matters
- Advise employers regarding employment policies and represent clients in administrative matters before various governmental agencies
- State Bar of Michigan
Articles and Publications
- “Ask the Experts,” MiCIA magazine, Volume 5 #3 2023
Areas of Practice
- Wayne State University Law School, cum laude, J.D. 2011
- Michigan State University, with honor, B.A., 2005
- Michigan, 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star in Real Estate Law; Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication, 2020
- Is Detroit’s Upcoming Cannabis Business Licensing Process a Path Through the Clouds or an Echo of 2021?Cannabiz Law Blog, 07.25.2022
- Cannabiz Law Blog, 04.05.2022
- Cannabiz Law Blog, 07.01.2021