While there are many potential general liability cases that can and do arise in residential property context, the firm’s practice in this area typically involves claims of liability stemming from trip and falls, slip and falls, construction liability, property destruction and dog bite cases.
The firm has a track record of successfully defending residential liability claims as in the case involving a property owner who was remodeling his building and extending a wall, when it collapsed, destroying the building next door. Plunkett Cooney, through the discovery process, defeated the plaintiff’s claim by establishing that not only had the plaintiff exaggerated his contents damages but also that he totally fabricated a claim of lost and destroyed contents, which the defense learned included items the plaintiff salvaged and was still using.
View Team Members
- Crain's Detroit Business, 10.29.2018
- Litigation Defenders, 08.21.2019
- Litigation Defenders, 12.22.2016
- Litigation Defenders, 05.11.2016
- Litigation Defenders, 11.21.2014
- Litigation Defenders, 10.22.2014
- Litigation Defenders, 06.26.2014