Bryan A. Janes is a member of the firm’s Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice primarily on the defense of motor vehicle negligence and Michigan No-fault law, as well as construction and premises liability.
An associate in the firm's Grand Rapids office, Mr. Janes represents insurers, corporations and individuals in a range of litigation matters from auto liability to personal injury protection, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage and body injury matters. He also has experience representing clients in medical malpractice, general liability, commercial and complex litigation.
Mr. Janes is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and Grand Rapids Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section. He received his law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2013. He received his undergraduate degree from Central Michigan University in 2008.
Representative Client Work
- Advise insurance carriers regarding pre-lawsuit issues and coverage opinion requests
- Obtained summary judgment in no-fault matters involving priority disputes among insurance carriers, as well as other matters involving the payment of personal protection insurance benefits under the Michigan No-Fault statute
- Represented and defended various clients, including personal and commercial insurance carriers, at the trial court level for claims involving personal protection insurance, bodily injury and uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Obtained dismissals of first-party No-Fault cases based on arguments of failure to cooperate, fraud/misrepresentation, and repeated violations of court orders
State Bar of Michigan
Grand Rapids Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section)
Areas of Practice
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., 2012
- Central Michigan University, B.A., 2008
- Michigan, 2017
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants, 2024