Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2016 ‘Best Lawyers in America’
Bloomfield Hills, MI — September 8, 2015 — Thirty Plunkett Cooney attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2016.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which lawyers within their own geographic region nominate their peers. These lawyers are not allowed to select nominees from the same area(s) in which they practice. Inclusion in Best Lawyers (Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)is considered a singular honor because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed.
Receiving special honors from Best Lawyers this year is Plunkett Cooney attorney Stanley C. Moore, III who was named Detroit "Lawyers of the Year" in Labor Law - Management. This designation is given to only a single attorney in each practice area in each community. Moore has been on the list of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2008.
An of counsel attorney at Plunkett Cooney, one of the Midwest’s oldest and largest law firms in Michigan, Moore devotes his practice exclusively to representing management in labor and employment law matters. He has represented both private and public sector employers in all facets of labor and employment law in union and non-union settings. Moore has represented healthcare providers in all aspects of both state and federal labor and employment law since 1973.
Below is a list of additional Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2016 Best Lawyers designation:
Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael P. Ashcraft, Jr. (partner) – Legal Malpractice Law
- Douglas C. Bernstein (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
- William D. Booth (of counsel) – Personal Injury Litigation. He has the distinction of being named to the Best Lawyers list for over 25 years.
- Charles W. Browning (partner) – Insurance Law
- Lawrence R. Donaldson (of counsel) – Professional Malpractice Law
- Michael A. Fleming (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Jeffrey C. Gerish (partner) – Appellate Law
- Gregory Gromek (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
- Robert G. Kamenec (partner) – Appellate Practice
- Mark S. Kopson (partner) – Health Care Law
- David A. Lerner (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mary Massaron (partner) – Appellate Law
- Saulius K. Mikalonis (senior attorney) – Environmental Law
- Scott H. Sirich (partner) – Construction Law and Litigation
- Thomas P. Vincent (partner) – Commercial Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Columbus, Ohio Best Lawyers:
- Amelia A. Bower (partner) – Real Estate Litigation
- Jack S. Levey (senior attorney) – Real Estate Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Detroit, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Loretta M. Ames (senior attorney) – Product Liability Litigation
- D. Jennifer Andreou (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- James R. Geroux (partner) – Workers’ Compensation Law
- Laurel F. McGiffert (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- Claudia D. Orr (senior attorney) – Employment Law
- Stanley A. Prokop (partner) – Insurance Law
- Mary Catherine Rentz (partner) – Insurance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s East Lansing, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- David K. Otis (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Indianapolis, Indiana Best Lawyer:
- Stephen J. Peters (partner) – Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Construction Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Kalamazoo, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael S. Bogren (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
- Keith A. Peterson (senior attorney) – Banking and Finance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Petoskey, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- Jerome A. Galante (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney employs 150 attorneys in nine Michigan cities, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms and is listed among the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in 2015. Plunkett Cooney has also received awards naming the firm as a top place to work within the legal industry.
For more information about Plunkett Cooney’s 2016 “Best Lawyers in America,” contact the firm’s Director of Marketing and Business Development John Cornwell at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.
– End –
- D. Jennifer Andreou
- Michael P. Ashcraft, Jr.
- Douglas C. Bernstein
- Michael S. Bogren
- William D. Booth
- Charles W. Browning
- Lawrence R. Donaldson
- Michael A. Fleming
- Jeffrey C. Gerish
- Mark S. Kopson
- David A. Lerner
- Mary Massaron
- Laurel F. McGiffert
- Saulius K. Mikalonis
- Claudia D. Orr
- David K. Otis
- Stanley A. Prokop
- Mary Catherine Rentz
- Scott H. Sirich
- Thomas P. Vincent