Architect & Engineer Liability
Plunkett Cooney has been recognized as one of the Midwest's leading law firms in the representation of design professionals since this practice area began to evolve during the mid-1950s.
The members of the firm's construction law practice group represent architects and engineers in all facets of their professional practices. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting clients with contract negotiation, risk management, lien placement litigation, mediation, arbitration, construction claims, project/construction administration, project workouts, and professional liability defense.
In their role as panel counsel, Plunkett Cooney attorneys maintain strong contacts within the insurance industry, defending design professionals in litigation and working with carriers to address their underwriting needs, including the implementation of programs intended to mitigate potential claims by owners and/or contractors.
View Team Members
- Appellate Court Rules Design Professionals’ Work Not An ‘Actual Physical Improvement’ Under Construction Lien ActSticks & Bricks Summer Newsletter 2012, 08.10.2012
- Appellate court upholds Expert Testimony Requirement to Establish Prima Facie Case of Professional NegligenceSticks & Bricks Summer Newsletter 2012, 08.10.2012
- Michigan legislature restores applicable limitations period against design professionals, contractorsSticks & Bricks Newsletter - Fall 2011 Edition, 11.16.2011
- Sticks & Bricks, 09.27.2010
- Crain's Detroit Business, 10.29.2018