Companies that collect biometric data could run afoul of the nation’s most comprehensive biometric privacy law and become the target of multi-million dollar class action lawsuits.
New Michigan court rules have immediate impact on litigation procedure and costs in all cases filed in circuit courts.
A recent federal appellate court ruling illustrates the traps lenders could trip when state court collection actions against joint borrowers intersect with federal bankruptcy law.
Before agreeing contractually to settle disputes through arbitration, parties will want to consider who will make that call and about which issues.
Every business owner and executive needs to know the basics about commercial insurance coverage, so check out this post for details.
In a potential game changer for Michigan professional service firms, Supreme Court to review meaning of “services rendered in the city” for local income tax consideration.
Michigan Court of Appeals clarifies mortgagor’s right of property redemption, regardless of the manner of foreclosure used.
Whether contracting your kid to mow the lawn at home or executing a multi-million deal, you should probably read this blog post first for some important contract interpretation considerations.
Michigan courts have a range of options to remedy minority owner oppression claims.
Implied duties pertaining to contractual performance should not be misconstrued to allow for challenges to a contact’s fairness.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Biometric Data
- Business Torts
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Commercial Real Estate
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Commercial Loans
- Banking Law
- Tax Law
- Commercial Leasing
- Fraud Activity
- Cyber Attack
- Risk Management
- Real Estate
- Internet Law
- Statute of Limitations
- Residential Liability
- Zoning and Planning
- Consumer Protection
- Non-compete Agreements
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Unfair Competition
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Shareholder Liability
- Navigating the Illinois Biometric Information Act
- New Michigan Court Rules will Impact Procedure, Costs for all Circuit Court Cases
- Avoiding Bankruptcy Traps When Pursuing Joint Borrowers in State Court Collection Actions
- Arbitration: who Makes the call… About What?
- Understanding Your Insurance Coverage
- Michigan Supreme Court to Review State Tax Law Provision Regarding Location of Services Rendered
- Redemption is Redemption is Redemption
- Rules of the Road for Contract Interpretation
- Minority Owner Oppression Claims, an Introduction
- Freedom to Contract Jeopardized When Fact Finder’s ‘Sense of Fairness’ Becomes Determinative