Every business owner and executive needs to know the basics about commercial insurance coverage, so check out this post for details.
In a potential game changer for Michigan professional service firms, Supreme Court to review meaning of “services rendered in the city” for local income tax consideration.
Michigan Court of Appeals clarifies mortgagor’s right of property redemption, regardless of the manner of foreclosure used.
Whether contracting your kid to mow the lawn at home or executing a multi-million deal, you should probably read this blog post first for some important contract interpretation considerations.
Michigan courts have a range of options to remedy minority owner oppression claims.
Implied duties pertaining to contractual performance should not be misconstrued to allow for challenges to a contact’s fairness.
Ignorance of the terms in a personal guarantee agreement likely won’t save you from paying up under Michigan law.
Think your case is settled and over? Maybe not after this recent federal appeals court ruling involving the legal principle of collateral estoppel.
Breach of contract claims require plaintiffs to prove the contract existed, a breach occurred AND damage resulted, regardless who breached first.
Supreme Court ruling requires businesses to take immediate steps to begin collecting and paying sales tax on e-commerce transactions.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Loans
- Tax Law
- Business Torts
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Fraud Activity
- Cyber Attack
- Risk Management
- Real Estate
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Internet Law
- Statute of Limitations
- Residential Liability
- Zoning and Planning
- Consumer Protection
- Non-compete Agreements
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Unfair Competition
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Shareholder Liability
- Understanding Your Insurance Coverage
- Michigan Supreme Court to Review State Tax Law Provision Regarding Location of Services Rendered
- Redemption is Redemption is Redemption
- Rules of the Road for Contract Interpretation
- Minority Owner Oppression Claims, an Introduction
- Freedom to Contract Jeopardized When Fact Finder’s ‘Sense of Fairness’ Becomes Determinative
- Failure to Understand Terms of Personal Guarantee Agreements Will Likely Cost You
- Collateral Estoppel may Apply to Vacated Judgments Post-settlement
- “But he hit me First” Might Work With Mom, but not Necessarily for Defending Breach of Contract Claims
- E-Commerce Sales Tax Enforcement Finally Enters 21st Century