Employers should proceed with caution when dealing with employee leaves and other issues under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), especially those operating in the health care industry.
There’s no need to mourn the loss of your corporate social media accounts to disgruntled or former employees.
A federal court rules U.S. Department of Labor overreached with some aspects of its Final Rule on employee leave laws related to COVID-19.
This published decision gives failing grade to university officials who apparently need summer school to learn employment and defense best practices.
Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
New Michigan executive orders outline return to work rules with enforceable workplace standards during pandemic.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order but loosens some restrictions.
Amid the confusing tangle of federal and state COVID-19 laws and executive orders, Michigan employers can consult this guide to remain in compliance.
Federal appellate court indicates violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act may also violate federal racketeering statute.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Employment Liability
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Labor Law
- Sick Leave
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Employment Agreement
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Non-compete Agreements
- Social Media
- Minimum Wage
- Title VII
- Regulatory Law
- National Labor Relations Board
- Transgender Issues
- Retail Liability
- OSHA Issues
- Emergency Information
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- DOL Issues Partially Revised Regulations Regarding Paid Sick Leave Under FFCRA
- Grieving the Loss of the Company’s Social Media Accounts
- New Federal Employee Leave Laws – the Confusion That Keeps on Coming
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications
- The Constantly Changing Coronavirus Landscape and its Effects on Michigan Employers
- Management May Face Claims Under RICO For Wage Violations
- Not the Employer? You May Still be Liable!