Employer avoids slicing this FMLA abuse claim out of bounds by hiring private investigator.
Although recreational marijuana is now legal in Michigan, your employment policies can still prohibit its use.
Appellate court found employer’s verbal agreement may constitute an enforceable employment contract, although the written agreement was never signed.
Policies are great but employers must ensure manager and HR compliance in order to present a solid defense to employee discrimination claims.
Federal appellate court rules Ohio employer violates FMLA with convoluted no-fault attendance policy for employees.
Nerd alert! Decimals have their point when it comes to rounding employees’ time under new U.S. Department of Labor opinion.
Movie theater “stars” in who done it thriller under Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
Employers must file new Component 2 compensation data with the EEOC by Sept. 30.
Fate of Michigan’s citizen-initiated paid medical leave and minimum wage laws now rests with state’s Supreme Court.
This case is a good reminder to employers that just because employees have restrictions, it doesn’t mean they have disabilities requiring ADA accommodations.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Labor Law
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sick Leave
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Employment Discrimination
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Title VII
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Employment Agreement
- Minimum Wage
- National Labor Relations Board
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Class Actions
- Hostile Work Environment
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Appellate Court Scores Employee’s FMLA Abuse Claim as Below Par
- What Should Michigan Employers do now That Recreational Marijuana Is Legal?
- Lessons Learned – Part Three – The Oral Contract
- Lessons Learned – Part Two – Punitive Damages
- Lessons Learned Series - Part One - No-fault Attendance Policies
- DOL Gets Granular on Rounding of Employees’ Time
- Federal Appellate Court Finds Potential USERRA Violations
- Employers Must File EEO-1 Survey with Pay Data by Sept. 30
- Adopt and Amend? Supreme Court to Decide Fate of Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Acts
- New ADA Case Is Great For Employers