Court allows class action case to proceed against Ford Motor over claim that company’s online job portal is too difficult for applicants with disabilities to navigate.
Rumor-based sexual harassment claim draws attention in the form of nearly 50 amicus curiae briefs from across the country. This post explains why.
Department of Labor takes another stab at issuing proposed new rules to address the salary threshold for “white collar” exemptions.
Following new court ruling, employers advised to make employee handbook Acknowledgement and Agreement forms stand-alone document, completely separate from employee handbooks.
If your company doesn't require employees to agree to a shortened limitations period to bring claims, you need to do that today!
Recent changes to Michigan law regarding medical marijuana, paid sick leave and minimum wage increases require immediate action by business owners and human resource professionals.
Uninformed employer decisions in whistleblower actions among the most treacherous and difficult to defend in court.
AARP lawsuit results in removal of employee incentives section from EEOC rules on employer-provided wellness plans.
With a stroke of Gov. Snyder’s pen, Michigan enacts legislation to provide paid medical leave and scheduled increases to the state’s minimum wage.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Wage & Hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Hostile Work Environment
- Employment Agreement
- Transgender Issues
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations