This published decision gives failing grade to university officials who apparently need summer school to learn employment and defense best practices.
Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
New Michigan executive orders outline return to work rules with enforceable workplace standards during pandemic.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order but loosens some restrictions.
Amid the confusing tangle of federal and state COVID-19 laws and executive orders, Michigan employers can consult this guide to remain in compliance.
Federal appellate court indicates violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act may also violate federal racketeering statute.
As this appellate court ruling shows, third party employees in your workplace can create unanticipated risk and liability.
As one employer learned, failing to accommodate an employee with a disability can be risky.
SPECIAL ALERT: Employers must review this additional U.S. Department of Labor guidance regarding implementation of the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
The Department of Labor has issued guidance on the new Families First Corona Response Act.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Sick Leave
- Minimum Wage
- Regulatory Law
- Title VII
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- National Labor Relations Board
- Employment Agreement
- Retail Liability
- Transgender Issues
- OSHA Issues
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications
- The Constantly Changing Coronavirus Landscape and its Effects on Michigan Employers
- Management May Face Claims Under RICO For Wage Violations
- Not the Employer? You May Still be Liable!
- Are you Handling Accommodations Correctly Under the ADA?
- Labor Department Issues Additional Guidance on Families First Cornavirus Response Act Implementation
- Labor Department Provides Families First Coronavirus Response Act Guidance