This plaintiff’s party life style resulted in the Michigan appellate court upholding dismissal of her PIP case due to fraud.
Michigan appellate court reaffirms one year back rule, rejects healthcare provider “Consent to Treat Forms” as assignments of rights.
Effective July 1, Michigan auto insurance rates will increase by $28 per vehicle for state’s catastrophic injury fund.
Michigan takes legislative lead on curbing the use of electronic devices by motorists.
Michigan motorists could face $400 fine under new slow down, move over law designed to protect state’s emergency personnel.
Appellate Court upholds grant of summary disposition in a PIP no-fault case involving an injury at a gasoline pump.
Michigan motorists face higher gas tax and fees for annual license plate renewals.
If you’re not listed on the bill of lading, you may not have standing to be listed on the complaint under Carmack Amendment.
A simple deposition question about a plaintiff’s bankruptcy history could result in a dismissal for the defense.
Transportation Secretary lobbies for the Grow America Act, which seeks to jump start long delayed improvements and repairs to the US infrastructure.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Fraud Activity
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- No Fault Liability
- Auto Liability
- Trucking Liability
- Cargo Liability
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Premises Liability
- Appellate Court Upholds Dismissal of Vacationer’s PIP Claims for Fraud
- Court Reaffirms One Year Back Rule, Rejects Use of Consent to Treat Forms as Assignments
- Once Again, More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Don't Tweet and Drive!
- Michigan Tells Motorists to Move Over for Emergency Personnel
- Injury at Gas Pump not Covered by Michigan No-Fault
- More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Only Named Party May File a Direct Claim Against Carrier
- Judicial Estoppel/Standing: A Power Tool for Your Risk Management Toolbox
- Can Grow America Act Deal With Challenges of Aging, Underfunded Transportation System?