To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's Cannabiz Law Blog.
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
For over a century, the law firm of Plunkett Cooney has been at the forefront of new industries in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and throughout the United States.
Building on its entrepreneurial past and backed by results generated for current clients in such areas as alternative and renewable energy, cyber security and others, Plunkett Cooney extends its business, regulatory, litigation and governmental approval experience to assist businesses in the cannabis industry.
The law pertaining to cannabis is quickly evolving with new legislation, regulations and court decisions on almost a daily basis. Cannabis businesses need a trusted and experienced group of attorneys in a variety of disciplines to stay on top of developments and for assistance whether setting up and maintaining a business or responding to legal challenges.
The services Plunkett Cooney attorneys provide to dozens of cannabis business clients include:
- Business formation and corporate structure
- Licensing and regulation
- Acquisitions, sales and leasing
- Governmental relations
- Municipal approvals, zoning, and land use
- Operations and compliance (safety, environmental, labor, testing, etc.)
- Banking and lending
Like any other, cannabis businesses need a reliable, trusted and experienced legal team. Let us use our skill, knowledge and experience to help your cannabis business.
NewsView All »
Recent Blog Posts
- State Extends Closure Deadline for Existing Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- No Glass Ceiling Here... Only Wide Open 'Green Space'
- Michigan Board of Canvassers Approves Ballot Measure to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- State Attorneys General Push Congress for Cannabis Industry Banking 'Safe Harbor'
- Full Transparency Key to Medical Cannabis License Approvals
- State Releases New Medical Cannabis Label Symbol
- Michigan Treasury Bulletin Outlines Medical Cannabis Business Taxes
- Up in Smoke: Failed Cannabis Businesses in Michigan
- Trump Administration Takes Shot at Pot Industry
- Cannabis Regulatory Board Opens Door to Multi-License Facilities