With the SAFE Banking Act now pending in Congress, financial institutions would do well to begin considering the necessary due diligence to potentially service the cannabis industry.
Understanding what led a conservative Supreme Court Justice to question the federal government’s need to prohibit the intrastate use or cultivation of cannabis.
Michigan Supreme Court ruling gives municipalities broad latitude to regulate cannabis grow facilities through local zoning laws.
Biden-Sanders Unity Plan falls short on cannabis agenda, but it’s More than what is available under Trump administration.
Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency updates COVID-19 guidance for cannabis businesses.
Michigan regulatory agency issues cannabis business requirements to protect employees and customers from COVID-19.
While many states consider cannabis businesses essential, they are currently not eligible to receive federal COVID-19 emergency funding. That could soon change.
Rapid industry growth leads U.S. Treasury Inspector General to publish report calling for more tax compliance efforts and additional guidance to cannabis businesses.
Michigan governor issues an executive order allowing medical and recreational cannabis businesses to remain open as essential services during coronavirus pandemic.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Banking Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Regulatory Law
- Tax Law
- Zoning and Planning
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Requires Cannabis Businesses to Operate in Manner That Limits Spread of COVID-19
- Federal COVID-19 aid to Currently ‘Essential but not Eligible’ Cannabis Businesses may be Forthcoming
- Federal Treasury Inspector General Report Indicates Need for More Tax Compliance Efforts, Cannabis Business Guidance
- Michigan Governor Deems Cannabis Businesses as ‘Essential’ During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Simple Rules for Cannabis Possession in Michigan