To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's blog - The Sophisticated Employer.
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
Plunkett Cooney provides services designed to assist employers with workforce management issues and to comply with all state and federal employment requirements.
Our attorneys provide assistance with employee handbook reviews/updates, hiring and firing situations, employment policy reviews/updates, internal investigations, wage and hour issues, creation of new positions and workplace safety compliance. With respect to updating handbooks and employment policies, our attorneys conduct thorough research to ensure full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and workplace safety rules.
Our attorneys understand the intricacies of state and federal employment law, including compliance with the ADA, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and workplace health and safety regulations. They assist clients with maintaining appropriate staffing levels and have extensive experience with issues related to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA), among others.
Plunkett Cooney attorneys provide training to human resource professionals on a variety of risk management subjects, including document creation/maintenance, use of proper investigative techniques, prevention of and response to sexual harassment claims and dealing with such issues as violence and substance abuse in the workplace.
- Corl to discuss Title IX at symposium
- Orr elected to Detroit Human Resource Association Board
- Ohio Diversity Council honors Plunkett Cooney partner Corl
- NLRB Establishes New Standard Governing Workplace Policies
- Federal Judge Blocks FLSA Rule Extending Overtime Eligibility
- DOL Releases Long Awaited Overtime Regulation
- EEOC Issues Proposed Rules Under ADA for Employer Sponsored Wellness Plans
- EEOC Pushes Outer Limits of Pregnancy Accommodation
- Michigan Minimum Wage, MIOSHA Deadlines Loom
Recent Blog Posts
- Recent News Highlights Continuing Evolution of LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination Law
- DOL Provides Guidance to Employers on Travel Time, Break Periods Under FMLA
- Supreme Court Ruling Broadens Interpretation of FLSA Exemptions
- Appellate Court Rules Title VII Protects Transgender Status
- Should Employers Participate in DOL’s Soon to be Launched 'PAID' Program?
- ’PS’ To February’s Wages and Fringe Benefits Act Post
- Appellate Court Calls for Conflict Panel to Decide Issue Under Michigan Wages and Fringe Benefits Act
- Is it Really a Done Deal When Employee Resigns Then Signs a Release?
- Is it the Most Wonderful or Most Dangerous Time of the Year for Employers?
- It Ain’t Over Yet for the FLSA Overtime Rule!