- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Human Resources
- Labor Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Minimum Wage
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Right to Work
- Title VII
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Wage & Hour
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Workplace Harassment
- Is it Really a Done Deal When Employee Resigns Then Signs a Release?
- To Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate…That's the Question of the Day!
- Is it the Most Wonderful or Most Dangerous Time of the Year for Employers?
- It Ain’t Over Yet for the FLSA Overtime Rule!
- Coordinating a CBA Grievance and EEOC Charge
- To Pay or Not to Pay Union Dues? That is the Question Under Right To Work
- DOL’s Overtime Rule Declared Unlawful
- EEOC (and Pregnant Worker) vs National Restaurant Chain
- Should Employers Exempt Medical Marijuana From Their Drug Testing Policies?
- I-9 Form Revised… Again!
EEOC Issues 'Sample' Wellness Program Notice
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Employers with “wellness plans” understand the concern of running afoul of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, not to mention “HIPAA” (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Well, help is now available from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which recently issued a sample notice for employer sponsored wellness programs.
New rules published on May 17, 2016, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), require employers that offer wellness programs to inform employees about what information will be collected, how it will be used, who will receive it, and what will be done to keep it confidential.
Click here to review the EEOC's sample wellness program notice.Tags: Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Employment Liability, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)