To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's blog - The Sophisticated Employer.
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
Attorneys in Plunkett Cooney's Labor & Employment Law Practice Group have handled virtually every type of claim that can be brought against an employer at the administrative and trial court levels, as well as under the terms of labor contracts.
The firm’s clients include public and private employers in such diverse industries as manufacturing, healthcare, government, banking, hospitality, insurance, transportation, professional services, entertainment and retail. The firm has the distinction of serving as EPLI panel counsel for some of the world's largest insurance providers.
Plunkett Cooney’s labor and employment attorneys have a strong trial orientation and aggressively defend employers in litigation involving age, sex, race, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, disability and other discrimination claims in state and federal courts. Through its pre-trial motion practice, the firm has also been successful in obtaining the dismissal of thousands of cases without the necessity of a trial.
Our attorneys routinely represent clients in labor and employment disputes before the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Michigan Department of Civil Rights, Michigan Employment Relations Commission, state and U.S. Departments of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other labor and employment agencies.
- Plunkett Cooney elects four partners to board of directors
- Gooden joins Plunkett Cooney’s transportation group
- Business Publication Names Plunkett Cooney ‘Law Firm of the Year’
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2018 Michigan ‘Super Lawyers’
- Employment law attorney Stacy Kelly joins Plunkett Cooney
- McGiffert joins firm’s management team as first director of diversity
- Corl to discuss Title IX at symposium
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- NLRB Establishes New Standard Governing Workplace Policies
- Federal Judge Blocks FLSA Rule Extending Overtime Eligibility
- DOL Releases Long Awaited Overtime Regulation
- EEOC Pushes Outer Limits of Pregnancy Accommodation
- Blind Reliance on Pre-Employment Physical Resulted in ADA Violation
Recent Blog Posts
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations
- Tax Considerations When Settling Employment Claims
- EEOC Takes on Justice Department over LGBTQ Employee Protections
- ADA vs. Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act – Differences Matter!
- NLRB Proposes Rule for Joint Employer Relationships
- Sales Commissions – A Common Source of Trouble for Employers
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Arbitration Agreement Forcing Individually Brought Wage Claims