This published decision gives failing grade to university officials who apparently need summer school to learn employment and defense best practices.
Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
New Michigan executive orders outline return to work rules with enforceable workplace standards during pandemic.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order but loosens some restrictions.
Amid the confusing tangle of federal and state COVID-19 laws and executive orders, Michigan employers can consult this guide to remain in compliance.
Federal appellate court indicates violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act may also violate federal racketeering statute.
As this appellate court ruling shows, third party employees in your workplace can create unanticipated risk and liability.
As one employer learned, failing to accommodate an employee with a disability can be risky.
SPECIAL ALERT: Employers must review this additional U.S. Department of Labor guidance regarding implementation of the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
The Department of Labor has issued guidance on the new Families First Corona Response Act.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Regulatory Law
- Labor Law
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Employment Discrimination
- Workplace Harassment
- Human Resources
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wage & Hour
- Title VII
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sick Leave
- National Labor Relations Act
- Employment Agreement
- Sexual Harassment
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- OSHA Issues
- Minimum Wage
- Civil Rights
- National Labor Relations Board
- Non-compete Agreements
- Social Media
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Risk Management
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Important COVID-19 Updates for Michigan Employers
- What Employers Can Do to Protect Themselves, Employees in Age of Digital Harassment
- New Pact to Trigger Inter-Department Consultation
- Garnishment Error Results In Employer’s Debt
- Stunning Victory by Employer in Discrimination Case
- Michigan Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders Struck But Replaced
- Rare Published Opinion Bad News For Michigan Employers
- DOL Issues Partially Revised Regulations Regarding Paid Sick Leave Under FFCRA
- Grieving the Loss of the Company’s Social Media Accounts
- New Federal Employee Leave Laws – the Confusion That Keeps on Coming