Supreme Court’s decision leaves Michigan’s Paid Medical Leave Act intact, for now.
PMLA cliff hanger in Supreme Court no excuse for employers to delay action before year end.
Employer avoids slicing this FMLA abuse claim out of bounds by hiring private investigator.
Although recreational marijuana is now legal in Michigan, your employment policies can still prohibit its use.
Appellate court found employer’s verbal agreement may constitute an enforceable employment contract, although the written agreement was never signed.
Policies are great but employers must ensure manager and HR compliance in order to present a solid defense to employee discrimination claims.
Federal appellate court rules Ohio employer violates FMLA with convoluted no-fault attendance policy for employees.
Nerd alert! Decimals have their point when it comes to rounding employees’ time under new U.S. Department of Labor opinion.
Movie theater “stars” in who done it thriller under Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
Employers must file new Component 2 compensation data with the EEOC by Sept. 30.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Labor Law
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Human Resources
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sick Leave
- Wage & Hour
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- OSHA Issues
- Minimum Wage
- Employment Discrimination
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Title VII
- Employment Agreement
- Business Risk Management
- National Labor Relations Board
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Are you Handling Accommodations Correctly Under the ADA?
- Labor Department Isssues Additional Guidance on Families First Cornavirus Response Act Implementation
- Labor Department Provides Families First Coronavirus Response Act Guidance
- Federal OSHA Guidelines for Employers Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
- Municipal Emergency Response Preparation for COVID-19
- Accident on Employee's Work Commute can Create Valid Workers' Comp Claim
- Coordinating Employee Leaves of Absence
- Department of Labor Publishes Final 'Joint Employer' Regulation
- Practical Advice for Creating Effective Managers
- Non-Discretionary Bonuses Affect Overtime Pay, Other Wage Issues