To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's blog - The Sophisticated Employer.
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
At Plunkett Cooney, we believe that the best way to represent our clients in labor and employment matters is to advise and protect them before any charge is filed or any complaint is made.
This entails providing our clients with timely and up-to-date legal advice on the issues and problems they face every day, issues that often involve complicated and sometimes conflicting employment laws. It also means being available on short notice to assist clients with difficult discipline and termination decisions.
We work with our clients to address employee accommodation issues, such as determining whether one’s physical condition will trigger the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (ADA) requirement, and if so, to offer a “reasonable accommodation” and assistance with addressing the situation in a prompt manner.
In essence, the members of Plunkett Cooney’s Labor & Employment Practice Group treat employment issues like their own, responding quickly to implement solutions that mitigate liability and return employees to work in a positive and productive manner.
When litigation is unavoidable, Plunkett Cooney's attorneys are also ready to assist. The firm’s labor and employment practice includes a full range of services, including human resources counseling, litigation defense representation, alternative dispute resolution, labor law assistance and regulatory compliance services.
- Corl to discuss Title IX at symposium
- Orr elected to Detroit Human Resource Association Board
- McGiffert among 2017 ‘Notable Women Lawyers’ in Michigan
- Plunkett Cooney partner Corl among Ohio ‘Super Lawyers’
- Plunkett Cooney names two attorneys as new shareholders
- Ohio Diversity Council honors Plunkett Cooney partner Corl
- Plunkett Cooney named among ‘Best Law Firms’ In America
- Plunkett Cooney appoints Jereck to board of directors
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among legal industry ‘Rising Stars’
- Vincent elected Plunkett Cooney’s new President & CEO
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America’
- NLRB Establishes New Standard Governing Workplace Policies
- Federal Judge Blocks FLSA Rule Extending Overtime Eligibility
- DOL Releases Long Awaited Overtime Regulation
- Streamlining the Employment Arbitration Process
- EEOC Issues Proposed Rules Under ADA for Employer Sponsored Wellness Plans
- EEOC Pushes Outer Limits of Pregnancy Accommodation
Recent Blog Posts
- Appellate Court Rules Title VII Protects Transgender Status
- Should Employers Participate in DOL’s Soon to be Launched 'PAID' Program?
- ’PS’ To February’s Wages and Fringe Benefits Act Post
- Appellate Court Calls for Conflict Panel to Decide Issue Under Michigan Wages and Fringe Benefits Act
- Is it Really a Done Deal When Employee Resigns Then Signs a Release?
- To Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate…That's the Question of the Day!
- Is it the Most Wonderful or Most Dangerous Time of the Year for Employers?
- It Ain’t Over Yet for the FLSA Overtime Rule!
- DOL’s Overtime Rule Declared Unlawful